GREAT BARRINGTON— A national chain has just opened its doors at the Barrington Plaza.
Brentwood, Tennessee-based Tractor Supply Co. has taken up residency at 546 Stockbridge Road in the remaining space formerly occupied Kmart, which closed in December 2016.
Since then, the building was subdivided into two spaces. The first tenant, Marshalls, opened November 2017.
Marketed as the largest rural lifestyle retailer, Tractor Supply was first established in 1938 as a mail-order business that sold tractor parts.
The company offers “everything except tractors,” including, workwear and boots, equine and pet supplies, tractor and trailer parts and accessories, lawn and garden supplies, sprinkler and irrigation parts, power tools, fencing, welding and pump supplies and riding mowers, according to Jeff Stiles, store manager of the Great Barrington and Pittsfield locations.
For the rest of the story, subscribe to the Record at https://bit.ly/2EyNvUR