First responders’ quick thinking saves two Barrington teenagers Carbon monoxide poisoning traced to plugged chimney

GREAT BARRINGTON — Two teenagers were sent to the hospital for carbon monoxide poisoning after being found unresponsive in their Fairview Terrace home.

Had it not been for the swift actions of the town’s first responders and their parents returning home promptly, the teens could have shared a different fate.

At approximately 5:45 p.m., emergency bells were toned out for a report of unresponsive teenage boys. Having just run to his Fairview Terrace home while on duty for Southern Berkshire Ambulance Service, paramedic A.J. Anderson said he was on scene within one minute of the tones going off.

The father, said Anderson, came outside frantically motioning that his child needed help, and Anderson headed upstairs at the residence. Through his assessment of one of the teenagers, Anderson said it was initially hard to discern what had happened because he had found no trauma.

For the rest of the story, subscribe to the Record at https://bit.ly/2EyNvUR

 

GREAT BARRINGTON — Two teenagers were sent to the hospital for carbon
monoxide poisoning after being found unresponsive in their Fairview Terrace
home.

Had it not been for the swift actions of the town’s first responders and
their parents returning home promptly, the teens could have shared a different
fate.

At approximately 5:45 p.m., emergency bells were toned out for a report of
unresponsive teenage boys. Having just run to his Fairview Terrace home while
on duty for Southern Berkshire Ambulance Service, paramedic A.J. Anderson said
he was on scene within one minute of the tones going off.

The father, said Anderson, came outside
frantically motioning that his child needed help, and Anderson headed upstairs at the residence.
Through his assessment of one of the teenagers, Anderson said it was initially hard to
discern what had happened because he had found no trauma.

For the rest of the story, subscribe to the Record at
https://bit.ly/2EyNvUR

 

You must be logged in to post a comment Login